Hiring managers aren’t going to spend a long time reading your resume. So, it’s best to advertise yourself as clearly and as quickly as possible. At Gro HR Consulting, a leader in recruitment services in Cedar Rapids, we know how stressful it can be to create a resume. If you’re stumped on where to begin, start at the most important part: your skills.
Small business recruitment services in Cedar Rapids suggest listing the skills that will best promote yourself for the position. There are also two different types of skills, soft and hard. Soft skills reflect your personality, while hard skills are what is essential for the workspace.
Here are some skills to consider putting onto your resume.
Soft skills aren’t necessarily needed in the workplace, but they are skills that are useful to have. As a leader in recruitment services in Cedar Rapids, we have compiled a list of soft skills to include on your resume.
- Adaptability- Including adaptability on your resume shows that you can thrive in a constantly changing environment. Use this skill in your resume if you can adapt to new technologies and pivot your daily tasks if needed.
- Collaboration- Collaboration is essential in a workplace. You need to be able to work well with others. Make sure you use specific examples of collaboration that you’ve done in the past.
- Communication- No matter what job position you are applying for, communication skills are important. Employers are always looking for candidates that have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Empathy- As a Cedar Rapids small business recruitment service, we think empathy is essential to bring into the workspace. You must understand other viewpoints and how certain dialogue can affect other people differently than you.
- Leadership- Listing leadership on your resume is important if you are applying for a supervisor job. It’s also a great skill to put for any position. Listing leadership shows that you are comfortable being in charge. It also implies that you can inspire and motivate team members and make fair and strategic decisions.
- Multitasking- Multitasking in the workplace is a must. You should list examples of past projects you have had to juggle and how you prioritized your tasks.
- Time Management- Time management is always a great skill to include on your resume. Hiring managers want to know that you are disciplined enough to work on your own time and block out distractions.
- Mathematics- No matter the field, math skills are important. All employees should have basic math skills. Adding, subtracting, and money skills are all essential.
- Project Management- As a leader in recruitment services in Cedar Rapids, we suggest adding project management to your resume. List specific projects you have completed and what steps had to be taken to complete them. Also, list how you managed your time with projects and how you collaborated with your co-workers.
- Speaking Different Languages- Being able to communicate in multiple languages can be beneficial in the workplace. The more languages you speak, the more customers you can reach.
- Research Skills– Research skills are important to any job. Including research skills on your resume shows that you have experience planning, analyzing, scheduling, and interpreting data.
- Writing and Editing- All jobs require basic reading and writing skills. In the workplace, you must clearly write emails and other forms of communication.
At Gro HR Consulting, we understand that building a resume can be difficult. We hope this list has made the process easier. Please remember, this is not a comprehensive list. A quick Google search can help you find more skills to add to your resume.
Are You Looking for a Leading Employment Agency in Cedar Rapids?
At Gro HR Consulting, we want to help your business, no matter how small. When you partner with us, you will find new possibilities within your reach. We specialize in dedicated support and will help elevate your business. We also provide professional Cedar Rapids human resource services. Contact our team of professional HR consultants online or at (319) 328-8628.